The Alliance's email groups allow members to send and receive emails within a closed group of people in your profession. Use it to ask questions and provide answers to your peers.
Alliance groups are available solely to members of the Home Care Alliance or their employees.
To join, click on any of the links below; an email will launch with your request and will be reviewed by Alliance staff. Once your membership has been verified, you will receive an email back from firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply click the accept button and you'll be a member of the group.
All groups are moderated by Alliance staff and subject to the Alliance's Email Discussion Group Rules and Etiquette, described in full at the bottom of this page.
Email Discussion Group Rules
By joining and using the Home Care Alliance's e-mail lists, you agree that you have read and will follow the rules and guidelines set for these peer discussion groups. You also agree to reserve list discussions for topics best suited to the medium. As with any community, there are guidelines governing behavior on the email discussion groups. Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, contact the list manager noted in your welcome instructions. The Alliance reserves the right to suspend or terminate membership on all lists for members who violate these rules.
- Do not challenge or attack others. The discussions on the lists are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention.
- Do not post commercial messages. Contact individuals directly with products and services that you believe would help them.
- Use caution when discussing products or services. Information posted on the lists is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted to the list.
- Remember that the Alliance and other e-mail list participants have the right to reproduce postings to this email discussion group.
- Do not send the same message to multiple lists. You may send your message to only the most appropriate list.
Disclaimer and legal rules
This list is provided as a service of the Home Care Alliance of Massachusetts. The Alliance accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. The Alliance disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by the Alliance or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall the Alliance be liable for any damages resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants the Alliance and users of this list the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
The Alliance does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the Alliance’s attention, the Alliance will take all appropriate action.
The Alliance reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
Email discussion group etiquette
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location, and e-mail address.
- State the topic of the comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply, delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the list, through the email discussion group.
- Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says "Long Message."